top of page
Situated in the conservation area of Norton, Sheffield we are a forward-thinking, not-for-profit, private members club serving the local community.
Established in 1945 the Club caters to all groups within the local area. The Club has a varied social calendar with events and activities to suit all ages and interests.
Our excellent facilities complimented by our well-maintained grounds make us an ideal venue to host your special occasion or event. We provide quality, value-for-money hospitality, and catering for Weddings, Christenings, Wakes, Birthday Celebrations, or Private Functions.
Our main function room and bar provide seated accommodation for up to 100 guests complemented by our recently refurbished Chantrey Bar which offers a more informal setting for catching up with friends whilst taking advantage of our well-stocked bar.
We hold regular social events including family fun nights, tribute acts, race nights, and bistro nights. In addition, we host weekly dance nights, bingo, and quizzes and have a dedicated snooker room that hosts two full-size snooker tables.
Our Opening Times
Closed on Bank Holidays
We are always willing to accommodate special requests, even outside of our regular business hours
Christmas Opening Hours
(subject to change)
Christmas Eve - 2pm to midnight
Christmas Day - 12pm to 3pm
Boxing Day - 12pm to close
New Year's Eve - 2pm to 7pm
New Year's Day - Closed
Become a Member
We always welcome new members. For details on how to become a member, please see the membership page.
Where to find us
1623 Built by Morewood of Oaks Park
1626 Occupied by Leonard Gill who owned a Lead Mill at Totley and Shot Tower at Grennhill
1674 Occupied by Samuel Hallowes (Sheriff).
1700 Occupied by Alex Radcliffe of Lancashire.
1712 Occupied by John Branhall who sold the house to John Wingfield of Hazelburge Hall.
1732 Occupied by Robert Newton who raised a troop of horses to defend George II against the Stuarts. He died in 1803 After introducing a process of refining precious Metals in Sheffield.
1803 Owned by J Reid who was a friend of Francis Chantry.
1831 Owned by Thos. Beard Holy-Leader of Methodism.
1863 Chas Cammell bought the old house for £10,000 and pulled it down and erected the existing structure.
1874 Owned by Edward Welby the stipendiary magistrate in Sheffield.
1941 Occupied by the home guard during the second world war.
1945 Norton House Country Club was formed.
1964 An extension was added to the house, making the lounge and dance floor twice as large.
2023 Chantrey Room was renovated and the pillars were removed to create more open space.
President: Mr A Phipps
Secretary: Mrs S Moulson
Mr N Edwards
Mr J Harrison
Mr S Harrison
Mrs J Harrison
Mr R Mitchell
Mr B Naylor
Mr D Wall
Mr A Whitaker
Mrs A Wilks
Mr J Harrison
Mr B Naylor
Mr B Moulson
Mr R Corbett
last updated 23rd May 2023
bottom of page